The "F" Word
Posted: November 22, 2019
A lot of people I know have a pretty jacked up view of forgiveness. A good definition of forgiveness is a conscious, deliberate decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you. Here are some things NOT in this definition:
- The person deserves forgiveness.
- The person asked for forgiveness.
- Your pain or harm just disappears.
- You understand why they hurt you.
- You forget about what happens.
- You no longer have to heal from the pain.
- You trust the person again.
- It is easy to do.